Pike Industries, Inc., a subsidiary and integral part of CRH, is a leading Highway Contractor and the largest producer of Hot Mix Asphalt and Construction Aggregates in New England. Pike has experienced continual growth over the years and currently employs nearly 1,000 people throughout NH, ME and VT. The dedication, knowledge, and quality workmanship of our employees is what makes the company such a great success. If you’re looking for a challenging career at a company that will reward your efforts, look no further. Take the first step and apply for an exciting opportunity to gain top notch industry experience and pave the road to your success. All Roads Lead Here!
Intern-Aggregate Mining Engineer: Pike is looking to hire one college student to work as an Intern within the Aggregates division for the 2016 summer. The position is based in Belmont, New Hampshire and will also include a variety of field visits to Pike’s aggregate facilities throughout New Hampshire as well as possibly in Maine and Vermont. During the summer the intern will work with Pike’s Mining Engineer to track data, analyze processes, and recommend solutions for improvement based on the gathered data from Pike’s facilities. The selected intern will focus on writing reports and assisting in recommendations for improving process flow, decreasing cycle times, and making improvements to crushers. As an intern within Pike’s Aggregates division, the selected candidate will be exposed to the overall aggregate process from blasting to production and the practices Pike follows in order to reach and maintain a high standard of quality with all of our products and projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work under the direction of an Aggregates Supervisor and Mining Engineer to understand aggregates work flow at quarry facilities. Specific tasks could include:
- Reviewing aggregate production to develop methods to extract material, evaluating factors such as safety, operational costs, deposit characteristics and overburden depth.
- Assisting in the layout and direction of mine construction operations, such as location and development of ramps and positioning of mining area, access roads etc.
- Assisting in analyzing throughput costs, analyzing plant flow, and determining cycle time opportunities in the load/haul fleet.
- Assisting with analyzing and determining labor requirements, equipment needs, and operational costs for annual budget preparation and reporting.
- Spend time in the field to learn about the daily work necessary to go into producing a quality product.
- Input data into an aggregates software program and write reports based on the collected data.
- Identify and become familiar with various specifications requirements.
- The ideal candidate must be currently enrolled in a college degree program
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Ability to write reports and analyze raw data
- The selected candidate must have reliable transportation to commute to and from their work location, as well as between facilities and job sites when necessary.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Pike Industries, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.