Administrative Officer Position Ekurhuleni Gauteng
Administrative Officer – XFINA19000 – (1900007F)
Reference Number: XFINA19000
Position: Administrative Officer ( Siyakhokha) [2 year fixed term contract]
Salary: R22 520 per month
- Monitor the implementation and interpretation of approved tariff structure
- Monitor development and implementation of relevant council by-laws
- Develop and monitor the effective implementation of credit control policy in respect of sundry and municipal debtors
- Ensure the effective administration of municipal billing system
- Manage the effective administration of centralized valuation system
- Manage the implementation and adherence to applicable legislation and council resolutions
- Co-ordinate system developments and implementation with consultants and regions
- Manage compilation and submission of monthly statistical reports to council
- Identify statistical discrepancies and investigate reasons
- Implement corrective measures to comply with policies and strategies
- Co-ordinate financial month-end and year-end procedures with regions
- Anticipate problems and resolve timely in order to ensure that work outputs are achieved within agreed deadlines and standards.
- Coordinate, prioritize, direct, control and enhance resources to produce results and meet operational objectives and goals.
- Drive the execution of operational targets and objectives in the context of approved policy, processes, governance and delivery systems.
- Report on operational plans that demonstrate achievements of delivery against time targets and implemented improvements.
- Manage and monitor all financial and accounting requirements as per legislation.
- Ensure alignment of functional delivery between Finance practice design, efficient and effective process delivery and technology.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly and annual budgets and financial reports in accordance with statutory and Council presentation requirements.
- Ensure effective operations management service delivery within the division, ensuring compliance with the Batho Pele principles.
- Ensure timeous, clear contracting and assessment of performance expectations with direct reports in line with organizational objectives.
- Integrate and share product, process and system knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your role
- Diploma in Finance related field
- Relevant experience in a similar environment
- Project Management Skills
- Communication skills
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to apply using an online application form attached to the advertisement on the website of the City of Ekurhuleni (www.ekurhuleni.gov.za).
Enquiries: Tel: 0860 54 3000; E-mail: email@example.com
Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right not to appoint.
: South Africa-Gauteng-Corporate